Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum

Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum (http://forum.synthesis.ch/index.php)
-   SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS) (http://forum.synthesis.ch/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SyncML Pro Hangs PDA (http://forum.synthesis.ch/showthread.php?t=1590)

WizRd 2010-01-20 03:56

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
I guess you succeeded in stealing $60 from me rather successfully. This issue was never resolved and have now changed phones, away from windows mobile.

Anyone who is considering purchasing this product and is using Windows Mobile 6.1+ I would suggest saving your money.

I may have switched to Android but the chance of you releasing a version in 2010 this is fully functional is highly unlikely after the issues I experienced with Windows Mobile.

luz 2010-01-20 09:43

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
I consider "stealing" an impropriate and completely unfair wording in this context.

I understand your frustration, and I also understand you don't want to pay for something that does not work in your case. That's what refunds are for. If it does not work for you, and we can't help (unfortunately, despite trying we could not track down this particular problem - the software works fine for a lot of WinMobile 6.x customers and in our testing), just file a refund request at kagi.com and you'll get your money back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WizRd (Post 3349)
I guess you succeeded in stealing $60 from me rather successfully. This issue was never resolved and have now changed phones, away from windows mobile.

Anyone who is considering purchasing this product and is using Windows Mobile 6.1+ I would suggest saving your money.

I may have switched to Android but the chance of you releasing a version in 2010 this is fully functional is highly unlikely after the issues I experienced with Windows Mobile.


hennoa 2010-01-22 11:40

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
Hi,
I hope it is okay to "hijack" this thread, because I have a similar problem with the SyncML Pro on my WM 6.5 Phone.

First to say, my hardware is an HTC Touch Diamond 2, but the branded version from T-Mobile Germany (MDA Compact V). I recently upgraded the ROM from WM 6.1 to 6.5.

I downloaded both versions of the SyncML client and tried both on my phone.
First I installed the PRO version, which has all the features I'd like to have. I compiled all the necessary information for the profile and started a sync. The client then just hung with the message "receiving...". The phone was still working, but very sluggish and I could not kill the SyncML client without a soft reset.

Then I looked at the forums here to find out, that at least one user reported such an issue and also said, that the STD version is running fine.
Eventually I tried the STD version with my current configuration and guess what, it works. I have successfully sync'ed my contacts, calendar and tasks.

I checked the logs from the PRO version, but the program seems to hang just before the logging starts or can be written to the flash memory, so there is nothing I could tell you from the logs.

I'd like to get that problem sorted out before I buy a license, since this is the only client I got to work with my Kolab/Horde (version 2.2.2 but upgrading to 2.2.3 this weekend) server out of the box (for the STD version).

So do you have any suggestions? What additional information do you need?

Thanks in advance,
Hendrik

kgeorge 2010-01-23 05:32

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
I tried every way I could to contact support (email, direct forum pm to luz, posting here in the forum) and wasn't ever able to get any response, including this forum post. I eventually gave up with the problem and manually sync'ed when I needed to. I've since moved away from this syncml solution since I wasn't able to get any support for the program I purchased.

luz 2010-01-23 18:18

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
This is interesting. So the PRO does hang even without using any AutoSync? Just in a normal sync? That might give a hint to track down the problem. If you can do that, installing the DBG version of the PRO would probably help as well (as it creates extended logs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hennoa (Post 3351)
First I installed the PRO version, which has all the features I'd like to have. I compiled all the necessary information for the profile and started a sync. The client then just hung with the message "receiving...". The phone was still working, but very sluggish and I could not kill the SyncML client without a soft reset.

Then I looked at the forums here to find out, that at least one user reported such an issue and also said, that the STD version is running fine.
Eventually I tried the STD version with my current configuration and guess what, it works. I have successfully sync'ed my contacts, calendar and tasks.

I checked the logs from the PRO version, but the program seems to hang just before the logging starts or can be written to the flash memory, so there is nothing I could tell you from the logs.

I'd like to get that problem sorted out before I buy a license, since this is the only client I got to work with my Kolab/Horde (version 2.2.2 but upgrading to 2.2.3 this weekend) server out of the box (for the STD version).

So do you have any suggestions? What additional information do you need?

Thanks in advance,
Hendrik


hennoa 2010-01-23 23:23

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
Yes it doesn't matter if AutoSync is enabled or disabled. If you could provide me with the debug version I will send you the logs, so you can analyse the problem.

luz 2010-01-25 08:25

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hennoa (Post 3354)
Yes it doesn't matter if AutoSync is enabled or disabled. If you could provide me with the debug version I will send you the logs, so you can analyse the problem.

You can download the debug version from http://www.synthesis.ch/dl.php/CPPCPRODBG (you need to be registered user of the website to get access).

This can be installed side by side with the regular version, and uses the same settings. Please make sure only one of both is running at the same time (explicitly choose exit from the menu to make sure the normal version isn't running any more before starting the DBG and vice versa). To make sure you have the right version running, have a look at the About screen.

The DBG version writes extended logfiles to /temp of the device. If you can send me these (support@synthesis.ch, please zip the logs) for analysis, that will hopefully help to identify the problem.

hennoa 2010-01-25 10:59

Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA
 
The log files are on the way :)

Hope these will help to identify what is going wrong when starting the sync process.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.