View Single Post
Old 2009-01-09, 10:23
plan44.ch

Question Re: SyncML Pro Hangs PDA

Quote:
I would like to point out that the sync never completes.
Never? Does this mean you have to kill the app every time or soft reset the device? Even if AutoSync is turned completely off?

Quote:
It is using the standard 6.1 image provided by my carrier (3 Mobile), and again I will point out that SyncML std works perfectly fine, the issue is only related to SyncML Pro.
This is indeed really interesting. Because there is really no difference in the way a sync runs between STD and PRO versions. The only difference that I can think of which could be relevant is that the PRO version registers with WinMobile's "push router" which allows it to receive those special SMS that servers can use to start a sync (only if you allow it, of course). As this is a component of windows mobile very rarely used by third party software, it could have a bug that affects the system when used the way SyncML push requires it.

To track that down, I have created a special build of the PRO client which has the SMS related code disabled. It also is a debug version which writes logs to \temp of your device. Could you please test with this version? You can simply install it over your PRO, settings will be retained, and you can later install the regular PRO again. See your private message inbox (here in your forum account) to find the download link.

Quote:
I will post more details once I am able to access the server logs to see if anything specific is listed,
BTW: what server are you using?