View Single Post
Old 2009-02-13, 10:06
plan44.ch

Default Re: iPhone TODO+SYNC bugs/wishes

Sorry it took me a while to have a look at your logs...

Quote:
I've sent the log of a sync. Before syncing, I created three tasks on the server:
TEST_PARENT
TEST_CHILD1
TEST_CHILD2

The latter two are - in horde - child tasks of the TEST_PARENT task. Lemme know if you need anything else to pinpoint the problem.
It seems that the server does not send any UID, which is needed to relate one item to another. The following shows in black what the server sends, and I added in red what it should send:

Code:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//The Horde Project//Nag H3 (2.3.1)//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VTODO
UID:<here the server should put an UID>
SUMMARY:TEST_PARENT
DESCRIPTION:description of parent task
PRIORITY:2
CREATED:20090120T151251Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20090120T151251Z
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR
Code:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//The Horde Project//Nag H3 (2.3.1)//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VTODO
UID:<here the server should put an UID>
SUMMARY:TEST_CHILD1
DESCRIPTION:desc of child task #1
PRIORITY:2
RELATED-TO:<here we would need the UID of the parent>
CREATED:20090120T151308Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20090120T151308Z
END:VTODO
END:VCALENDAR
As the server includes the RELATED-TO, but with no value, this very much looks like a server bug to me, which for some reason causes the UID to be omitted.

Quote:
I prefer to (only) use the week-view of the calendar. It is the right-most - i.e. you get there by "wishing" the screen to the left 3 times. That is slow and painful to do on every app start. I think the first/default view should be configurable
The application remembers the last view you had open, so if you close it and re-open it, you'll be on the same view as before.
We also plan to make the order of views configurable in a future version (as we might add more views)

Quote:
The week view defaults to display the earliest event in my calendar - which is years back. So I have to tip the "now" button on the bottom left every time. Would not "now" be a better default after the app started up?
It should have been that way, but there was a bug in 1.5. With 1.6 it should work.