Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2008-01-18, 10:12

Default Status changes from Busy to Free

Hi
I'm experiencing SyncML (2.5.0.59) on a HTC3300 with OCS. Sync works quite fine except that the status of appointments changes from "Busy" in OCS to "Free" in my mobile calendar. So they don't appear on the calendar when using a weekly or monthly view.
If I change the status to "Busy" on HTC and sync again, status reverts back to "Free".
Any idea?
Old 2008-01-18, 10:33
plan44.ch

Exclamation Re: Status changes from Busy to Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaille View Post
Hi
I'm experiencing SyncML (2.5.0.59) on a HTC3300 with OCS. Sync works quite fine except that the status of appointments changes from "Busy" in OCS to "Free" in my mobile calendar. So they don't appear on the calendar when using a weekly or monthly view.
If I change the status to "Busy" on HTC and sync again, status reverts back to "Free".
Any idea?
2.5.0.59 is really old. With OCS you should use 2.5.0.69 at least, but preferably (unless your OCS does not have the latest patches, see our FAQ) the current 3.0.2.10 version. With this, the Busy status should work.
Old 2008-01-18, 10:40

Default Re: Status changes from Busy to Free

Sorry: I effectively installed version 2.5.0.69.
I can't use version 3 because of the patching level.
Old 2008-01-18, 12:08
plan44.ch

I looked up in the revision history - support for the busy status (TRANSP in vCalendar) was added in 2.9.3.1 (beta of 3.0), so this feature is not available in the 2.5 line.

Note that 3.0 can be used with older versions of OCS than 10.1.2.4.2. You'll gain all the improvements of the 3.0 - only some of the special adjustments Oracle made for our client, for example how all-day meetings are shown, will no be effective and therefore behave differently. It depends on your needs if staying with 2.5.x or using 3.x is better.

If you have a ActiveSync Backup of your device, you might try to install 3.x and do a "reload device". Then see if the result matches your personal needs & taste better than the 2.5.x. If not, you can still restore the backup.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:18

Update your software and they have fixed many loop holes