Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for Android

Old 2010-04-22, 18:21

Question Double events on Server

Hi!

I'm trying out synchronization of calendar events and have a problem. My configuration:
  • Client Device: HTC Hero, with MCR3.2 (=Android 1.5) and Client Version 1.7.0.17 (beta)
  • Server: Horde Webmail Edition 1.2.5 (contains Horde 3.3.6 and Kronolith 2.3.3)

What I did:

1. create new Google calendars with the name matching the calendar categorie names of the server.
2. synchronize with option "reload device".

-> everything fine: all events are synchronized from the horde server to the phone, with server category names matching client calendar name (and later from the phone to the Google servers by the Google synchronization)

3. synchronize again with "normal sync".

-> all events are copied from the phone to the horde server! The category names of the "new" events are "cal=originalCategorieName", so they are prefixed with "cal=". Result: all events are double on the server

Any ideas what went wrong?

Kind regards, Marc
Old 2010-04-23, 22:41
Synthesis AG

Default Re: Double events on Server

Can you reproduce it ?

Can you add a new event on the Horde server, then sync.
Then sync again.
Activate "log next sync" (before syncing) and send logs of both sessions to Synthesis.

Send an email with the time of sync to "support@synthesis.ch", with the information if it is duplicated as well. I'll have a look at it.

Beat
Old 2010-04-25, 21:10

Strange things are happening... ;-)
I had some problems with other things on the phone and had to install a backup. So I had to restart with syncing the events. I deleted the sync information on the server, and created new, fresh Google calendars. This time also the second sync was ok, the events were not recreated on the server (maybe because of the new version 1.7.0.21?). A new event on the server was synced successfully too.

But: when I create a new event on the phone, the category on the server is not correct, it is prefixed with "cal=", just like the double events the last time.

Log file was sent a few minutes ago.

Marc
Old 2010-04-30, 21:11

Hi, I too have this issue - just started using version 1.7.0.25 yesterday. The first slow sync went great. I made some changes in the settings and did another slow sync and it created duplicate contacts and events in the oracle database (which I see from my oracle desktop client).
Old 2010-05-01, 09:01
Synthesis AG

During slow sync the server tries to match client's and server's items. The ones which aren't matching together are appearing as duplicates (the copy from client and the copy from server). In SyncML this is ALWAYS done by the server. Are the latest Oracle patches installed on your OCS system ?
Old 2010-05-02, 16:38

I'll check with our sys admins to see if they have patched and upgraded the OCS server. Thanks again!