Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2007-02-07, 15:50

Default Treo 650 always slow syncs

Any idea why my Treo 650 always goes into a slow sync with our customised config ?

What causes it to decide a slow sync is needed ? The last sync time was going into the database wrong so I fixed that, but what does the Treo/Server do to decide that a fast sync will not work.

I cannot afford 3300+ contacts to be uploaded on every sync only to have the server decides that no updates are needed. (I am using a sample set of 8 entries for testing luckily)
Old 2007-02-22, 16:49

Default Re: Treo 650 always slow syncs

Thanks to the guys at synthesis for solving this problem after much debugging. The reason for the slow sync was a timezone issue with the linux synthesis server.

It was getting 45 days as the timezone offest rather then -5 hours which kind of messed things up.

We are happy again now however and I have got at the PDAs syncing through synthesis with a SugarCRM database
Old 2007-03-05, 22:18
Synthesis AG

Default Re: Treo 650 always slow syncs

Adam,
thanks for your post with the explanation of the DST problem. A syncml server version with this fix (including the new 2007 DST definitions for North America) can be downloaded from the Synthesis web page now.