Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > Todo+Cal+Sync and SyncML PRO/LITE for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2009-01-09, 10:37
dzanq dzanq is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2009-01
Posts: 3
Lightbulb iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

I started this thread to open a discussion about new features I would like to see in future releases.

With the build-in calendar Todo+Cal started a new era for the application.
I must say Synthesis does a great job here. Playing with the new functionality I had some ideas for improvements:

1. Since the application does also handle the contacts I would like to see birthdays from my Contacts as kind of non-blocking all-day events within the calendar views. I'm not asking for an import or synchronization of birthdays as events because this has the chance to mess up the dates -- just integration in the views.

2. SaiSuke has a nice feature to jump to a specific date. If you tap on the date in the header of the calendar views, it opens a date picker dialogue and lets you select the date you want to go to. Good idea, don't you think?

3. The different calendar views deserve a little tuning. I would appreciate, if all views would use the month layout: One header which displays the current period.
For the day view is would e.g. say "Thursday 01.01.09" instead of "Calendar Day".
Only the list view may stay with the generic title.

4. A week view comes handy sometimes, too

5. Shouldn't it be possible to also pick event Attendees and Locations from the iPhone's Contacts. BTW: The "Location" entries have ABPerson.Kind = 1.

Last edited by dzanq; 2009-01-09 at 10:58.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2009-01-15, 20:37
atlauren atlauren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2006-12
Posts: 21
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

I would like the list view to automatically scroll to "now". Also, the scrolling at present doesn't seem to have the 'flow' usually present in iPhone apps. I assume this element of user experience will improve with time.

I concur that a week view would be welcome.

All told, I (and the users I represent) am VERY pleased to have this new option. Hurrah!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2009-01-15, 20:55
atlauren atlauren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2006-12
Posts: 21
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Also, I notice that attendee data doesn't seem to display in the phone. Bug?

(This is with version 1.5, newly available in the AppStore.)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2009-03-05, 09:46
luz's Avatar
luz luz is offline
plan44.ch
 
Join Date: 2006-06
Posts: 348
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlauren View Post
Also, I notice that attendee data doesn't seem to display in the phone. Bug?
No, a limitation of the Apple SDK - it does not allow timed alerts or reminders for 3rd party apps. Very unfortunate, but we can't but wait for Apple to open the SDK a bit more in the future.
As soon as reminders get possible, we'll of course implement them
__________________
Lukas Zeller, plan44.ch
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2009-03-05, 15:54
atlauren atlauren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2006-12
Posts: 21
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz View Post
No, a limitation of the Apple SDK - it does not allow timed alerts or reminders for 3rd party apps. Very unfortunate, but we can't but wait for Apple to open the SDK a bit more in the future.
As soon as reminders get possible, we'll of course implement them
Pardon me, but I don't quite get how the limitation on alerts/reminders is related to display of event attendees?

Thanks,
Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2009-03-05, 17:43
luz's Avatar
luz luz is offline
plan44.ch
 
Join Date: 2006-06
Posts: 348
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlauren View Post
Pardon me, but I don't quite get how the limitation on alerts/reminders is related to display of event attendees?
You're right, it is not related at all. I was too reading too quick...

In the current 1.6, attendees are only accepted when they have an email address. For the next release (probably 1.6.1) all, even those without email address, will be sent and received. There will also be integration with the contacts app (such that you can choose attendees from contacts list or show the details page for attendes, and phone/SMS/email them directly).
__________________
Lukas Zeller, plan44.ch
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2009-08-17, 21:59
coggy coggy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2009-07
Posts: 1
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

A feature I would like to see is an autosync when the app is launched. Maybe it could store a timestamp to see when it was last sync'd and if it was more than some set amount of time it would sync on launch.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2010-07-23, 04:56
toddy toddy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2010-07
Posts: 2
Smile Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz View Post
You're right, it is not related at all. I was too reading too quick...

In the current 1.6, attendees are only accepted when they have an email address. For the next release (probably 1.6.1) all, even those without email address, will be sent and received. There will also be integration with the contacts app (such that you can choose attendees from contacts list or show the details page for attendes, and phone/SMS/email them directly).
Hi Luz...we are now up to version 2.5.0 and I still don't get attendees from Oracle Cal to my iPhone..but it did work with my old Windows mobile. Any update thoughts? Great app though...I use it many times a day!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2010-07-23, 06:04
atlauren atlauren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2006-12
Posts: 21
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy View Post
Hi Luz...we are now up to version 2.5.0 and I still don't get attendees from Oracle Cal to my iPhone..but it did work with my old Windows mobile. Any update thoughts? Great app though...I use it many times a day!
Since Oracle hasn't yet certified Todo+Cal+Sync, it's probably getting the default profile from OCAS.

-Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2010-07-25, 12:51
luz's Avatar
luz luz is offline
plan44.ch
 
Join Date: 2006-06
Posts: 348
Default Re: iPhone Todo+Cal Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlauren View Post
Since Oracle hasn't yet certified Todo+Cal+Sync, it's probably getting the default profile from OCAS.
Definitely it's the server deciding not to send the attendees. However I'd be surprised if Todo+Cal wasn't certified - we were working with Oracle's SyncML development for OCS and Beehive from day one of Todo+Cal, and they have created profiles specifically for Todo+Cal a long time ago. I'm not 100% sure these profiles are installed by default, but certainly should be available for any OCS/Beehive installation. I'll ask back at Oracle and let you know.
__________________
Lukas Zeller, plan44.ch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.