Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for Android

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-14, 13:43

Default Two-way sync against Oracle does not work

Hi all,

I'm running Android 2.1 on a HTC Desire with the Sense interface. My version of SyncML is 1.7.2.2, and the SyncML engine is version 3.4.0.6 .

I use this software to sync my calendar (not contacts) against the Oracle calender provided by my employer.

Updating the phone (device) is done without any issues.

The problem:

When I try to add an appointment the the default calender app on the phone and then try to sync this to the Oracle calender nothing happens, meaning that the appointment is not showing up in the Oracle calendar.

What I have tried:

When I edit an entry that I have received from the Oracle calendar (i.e. changing the location), and then sync to Oracle, the change is updated on the server side.
I have also noticed that the calendar name (device side) is named "Exchange". This is not a calender I can choose to use in the phone calendar app.

What am I missing since I can not add an appointment on the phone and have it sync'ed to the Oracle server?

Cheers
/Johan
Old 2010-05-19, 18:02

Default Re: Two-way sync against Oracle does not work

I've kind of had the same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

I have a trial account version that only works one way. If I create a event in Oracle it syncs fine to google calendar/phone. If I create a even in google calendar/phone it does not sync to oracle. I can use google calendar/phone to delete Oracle created events but I cannot create new events.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:00

I'm having this same issue - except I believe I am getting err=512 when it happens.
Old 2010-05-20, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by justynk View Post
I've kind of had the same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

I have a trial account version that only works one way. If I create a event in Oracle it syncs fine to google calendar/phone. If I create a even in google calendar/phone it does not sync to oracle. I can use google calendar/phone to delete Oracle created events but I cannot create new events.
Nope... not yet. As soon as my schedule allows me the time I will start looking into it again.

Cheers
/Johan
Old 2010-05-20, 16:01

I am also having the same issue. I have installed the latest version on the Motorola Droid and HTC Incredible with the same results. I can receive all calendar events from the server but any event I create on the phone will not sync to the Oracle server. The log says it has updated the server but in actuality it hasn't. I am going to send a log to tech support. They think it might be a visibility issue on the server end??
Old 2010-05-21, 15:51

What do you mean by visibility issue? Can you delete server created events thru the phone? I have tried a slow and normal sync also.
Old 2010-05-25, 13:49

An way around this issue is to edit an earlier event. This way the event will show up on the server after normal syncing.

This is still not what I'm after, but it gives me the desired effect.

I have noticed that it won't sync the notification: In the edited event I set the notification, and after syncing to the server it is not visible on the server.

Cheers
/Johan
Old 2010-05-25, 14:52

Here is what tech support told me: "The Android device sends by default a classification which is not PUBLIC, so the items are on the Oracle server, but not visible. We've currently prepared a fix which sends CLASS:PUBLIC for the default setting."

They let me try the updated release early and it fixes the problem. All works great now. They should be releasing the new version for download this week.
Old 2010-05-25, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafoo View Post
Here is what tech support told me: "The Android device sends by default a classification which is not PUBLIC, so the items are on the Oracle server, but not visible. We've currently prepared a fix which sends CLASS:PUBLIC for the default setting."

They let me try the updated release early and it fixes the problem. All works great now. They should be releasing the new version for download this week.
Hey, that's good news. Now, if we get a 2.2 release, I'll be in sync heaven.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:20

Nice...I hope this gets released soon since my user is on the 30 day trial...
Closed Thread