Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for Android

Old 2010-07-04, 12:15

Default Android - G1/1.6 & Horde

Hi,

I have successfully setup the Synthesis client to sync my G1 contacts with my Horde database but calendar is not working. I am getting a "Sync failed: Invalid data from server (wrong URL?)" error message.

Nothing obvious in my Horde or client logs, and other than changing the server path from "events" to "calendar", I don't think there is anything else URL related, other than the host URL, which is obviously fine given contacts are syncing.

Any clues on where to look for more debug?
Old 2010-07-05, 15:14
Synthesis AG

Default Re: Android - G1/1.6 & Horde

Getting invalid data from the server means that the server is not sending consistent SyncML data. In most of the cases this happens because the URL is wrong (e.g. getting some html answer from a valid web page).

If contacts are syncing, but not events or calendar, this seems to be a different problem: It looks like your connected with the SyncML server, but getting an invalid answer from there. Please check if latest version/latest patches are installed. It might also help to try with SyncML/1.1 in the client settings.

Best Regards,
Beat
Old 2010-07-05, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfo View Post
Getting invalid data from the server means that the server is not sending consistent SyncML data. In most of the cases this happens because the URL is wrong (e.g. getting some html answer from a valid web page).

If contacts are syncing, but not events or calendar, this seems to be a different problem: It looks like your connected with the SyncML server, but getting an invalid answer from there. Please check if latest version/latest patches are installed. It might also help to try with SyncML/1.1 in the client settings.
t
Thanks for your response. Interestingly, if I turn off the "Active SyncML Calendars", then the sync goes ahead fine but the log shows "Rejected: by server: 0, by client 2065".

This is happening whether the SyncML settings are version 1.1 or 1.2. I am running the latest version of Horde from source on Ubuntu.

N
Old 2010-07-08, 13:15
Synthesis AG

The client is rejecting items if they can't be assigned to an internal calendar. So at least one of these calendars (preferably the gmail account) should be activated.

Another reason for rejecting is a wrong data format. Here the legacy mode helps for some servers, as it uses the older VCALENDAR 1.0 format then.
Old 2010-07-12, 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfo View Post
The client is rejecting items if they can't be assigned to an internal calendar. So at least one of these calendars (preferably the gmail account) should be activated.

Another reason for rejecting is a wrong data format. Here the legacy mode helps for some servers, as it uses the older VCALENDAR 1.0 format then.
Dropped back to legacy mode and enabled my main Google account and it seems to be syncing now. Final question: I gather on 1.6, there is no way to stop the data coming from my SyncML server from being passed back into the Google Calendar for my Google account, is this correct? If so, is this corrected in future releases of either Android or the SyncML client?