Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2008-06-25, 12:22

Question Normal sync 508 error

Hello,

I am using the Standard version of SyncML Clients (latest version) and I'm having problems with the normal sync (two way). When the SyncML server informs the client that it needs to initiatiate a slow sync instead of the requested two way sync, the client aborts with error 508 (which is the REFRESH_REQUIRED status returned by the server).

Why is the client not starting a slow sync after that? To fix this I always need to initatiate a slow sync myself and then change the setting back to normal sync.

If needed, I can provide you with the SyncML packages.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Marcel
Old 2008-07-02, 11:30
plan44.ch

Default Re: Normal sync 508 error

Hello Marcel,

Quote:
When the SyncML server informs the client that it needs to initiatiate a slow sync instead of the requested two way sync, the client aborts with error 508 (which is the REFRESH_REQUIRED status returned by the server).
There must be another deviation from the protocol by the server, as of course our SyncML clients understand and accept the 508 status to switch to slow sync.

Quote:
If needed, I can provide you with the SyncML packages.
Could be helpful, but client side logs would be even more helpful - if possible, please install the DBG client (e.g. http://www.synthesis.ch/dl.php/CPPCPRODBG for PocketPC, you need to be registered user of the website to get access) and send us the logs this client creates in \temp of the device. Note that there is also a section about the DBG client in the PDF manual in the client download package.

Tags
508, refresh required, slow sync