Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2006-11-09, 17:45

Question All Day Recurring Appointments on Pocket PC

I have problem with All Day recurring appointments. I send them to the client with the recurrence and they appear on the device calendar on the right days with the recurrence. However if I then tap an entry it displays "All Day - 09/11/2006 - 10/11/2006"

it should be a single day (9th) not spanning two days. However looking at the calendar it only appears on the first day unless I select to edit the appointment and click OK without changing anything. At that point a duplicate appears on the next day(10th)!

Below is the data being sent to the client:

VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
DALARM:20061108T235000Z;;;
DTSTART:20061109T000000
DTEND:20061109T235959
DESCRIPTION:
RRULE:MD1 9 20070118
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

I don't see anything wrong with this and checking the log files from the DeBug client it is receiving them fine.

Do you know what is causing this problem??

Kind Regards,

MPH
http://www.Toffa.com
Old 2006-11-09, 18:45

Thumbs up Re: All Day Recurring Appointments on Pocket PC

Still don't know what the problem is but at least found a solution. Use Windows Mobile 5 instead of 2003. The problem only occurs on Mobile 2003 so it must be a bug with that and not with the Synthesis client.

MPH
http://www.Toffa.com
Old 2006-11-09, 23:12
plan44.ch

Default Re: All Day Recurring Appointments on Pocket PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH
The problem only occurs on Mobile 2003 so it must be a bug with that and not with the Synthesis client.
Yes, that's exactly our experience as well. Recurring all-day events simply don't work properly on WM2003. It's seems like a Pocket Outlook problem to us.
Old 2006-11-20, 19:01

Unhappy Re: All Day Recurring Appointments on Pocket PC

I have another problem with recurring appointments. This time with exceptions.

When I create a recurring appointment on pocket PC 2003 and 5 with exception (change title and time of one occurrence) it works fine. It will sync and pass the information of that recurring appointment and the exception.

The problem comes when I sync back. The exception will disappear. This seems to show that the exception is still part of the recurring appointment. because when I sync back the recurrence with the Exdates list the date of the exception is on that list so it is not displayed.

Also if I deleted a pocket PC recurring appointment all exceptions are removed too.

Any ideas on this problem?

MPH.