Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2009-01-17, 17:07

Default Calendar Sync by Category? (Using two computers)

I need to sync two different calendars (i.e., from two different computers) to my smartphone. I just don't want the calendars to be combined on the individual computers the second time I sync. Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated.

Here's my set up:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 on a Samsung SCH-i760
- Using the built-in calendar application

* I sync my business events over-the-air from Oracle Calendar using SyncML.
* I sync personal events (birthdays, doctor appts, etc.) from my Macintosh using MissingSync (which WILL allow me to sync only certain calendars/categories of events).

Both of these sync processes work fine individually, but I don't want all of my personal events to be "back-washed" into my work calendar and vice versa.

If I could use MissingSync on both calendars, everything would be fine -- it allows me to selectively sync specific categories. (Unfortunately, Oracle Calendar does not 'play nice' with MissingSync.)

Right now, the only option is to set SyncML to do a one-way sync (calendar => phone only). However, this means that when an event is canceled (or changed) on Oracle Calendar, it's never removed from my phone calendar!

I can't even do a real update of the phone without completely wiping out the calendar data and resyncing from both computers.

Any suggestions on how to do this more effectively would be appreciated.

-c
Old 2009-01-19, 10:48
plan44.ch

Default Re: Calendar Sync by Category? (Using two computers)

Quote:
I need to sync two different calendars (i.e., from two different computers) to my smartphone. I just don't want the calendars to be combined on the individual computers the second time I sync.
This is something that would need so called "client side filtering". We are developing this feature (actually our SyncML engine supports it internally already), but I can't say when it'll be available in the Windows Mobile clients yet.