Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2006-09-27, 15:14

Default Newest Beta build (91) crashes Treo 650

I loaded the newest beta build (91) and it put my Treo into an endless loop of rebooting. The only way I was able to stop it was to do a hard reset (soft didn't work). This meant I had to rebuild the treo with all of my apps, etc. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.

I reverted back to the non-beta version.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 2006-09-29, 00:13

Default Re: Newest Beta build (91) crashes Treo 650

Mine did the same thing...I had to do a hard reset...I'm now reloading all my applications
Old 2006-09-29, 03:59
plan44.ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Mine did the same thing...I had to do a hard reset...I'm now reloading all my applications
Very strange, indeed. We have Treo650 here as a main testing device and not experienced this (yet).

Can you give some more details? Did that endless loop start with the first start of the client or with installation? Or after some specific action?

Why did you need to do a hard reset? After a soft reset, what happened?
Old 2006-09-29, 05:10

If I remember correctly it started as soon as I ran it after it was installed. I had to do a hard reset because after a soft reset it just continued the boot - reboot cycle.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 2006-09-29, 12:32
plan44.ch

Unhappy Re: Newest Beta build (91) crashes Treo 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbotcom
If I remember correctly it started as soon as I ran it after it was installed. I had to do a hard reset because after a soft reset it just continued the boot - reboot cycle.
Thanks for the information! We have removed the 2.9.9.1 for now. It seems that the STD version, now file got corrupted when we uploaded it to the webserver and therefore caused these crashes, whereas it was ok in our internal tests. The PRO and PRO-DBG seem to be ok. Did you have the STD installed?

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I hope you can restore the Treo from a HotSync backup (don't forget to delete "syncml_client.PRC" from the HotSync backup folder on your desktop machine to avoid that the corrupted file gets restored).

There will be a 2.9.9.2 available later today and we'll make sure the files are ok.

Last edited by luz; 2006-09-29 at 13:36. Reason: STD is affected, not PRO as I originally wrote
Old 2006-09-30, 03:15

Yes it was the standard version.

Thanks and I'll try 92.

Bill
Old 2006-09-30, 03:37

Okay. I upgraded to 92 and it didn't hurt the Treo. I'm attempting to sync with a DeskNow server (v 3.1.11). it just won't do it. I keep getting a non-responsive message. The previous versions of the beta (excluding 91 of course) all worked. I tried it on all settings - automatic, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 - and they all gave me the same message.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 2006-10-01, 02:01

Thanks for the tip about the hard reset. I got the treo working again..I needed to do some spring cleaning on it anyway. The only problem is...my demo period is up...never could really get it to sync the way I wanted..with scheduleworld...but I got very close. I'll check back with you guys in a month or so to see where things are.

all the best,

ken
Old 2006-10-01, 11:04
plan44.ch

Question Re: Newest Beta build (91) crashes Treo 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbotcom
Okay. I upgraded to 92 and it didn't hurt the Treo.
I really hope no such corrupted file will make it to the webserver again!

Quote:
I'm attempting to sync with a DeskNow server (v 3.1.11). it just won't do it. I keep getting a non-responsive message.
What message exactly do you get?

Quote:
The previous versions of the beta (excluding 91 of course) all worked. I tried it on all settings - automatic, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 - and they all gave me the same message.
The previous beta (before 2.9.9.1) was 2.9.8.11 - I'll check what changes were made since that to find out what could be the problem specifically with DeskNow.
Old 2006-10-01, 16:23
plan44.ch

Thumbs up Re: Newest Beta build (91) crashes Treo 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz
The previous beta (before 2.9.9.1) was 2.9.8.11 - I'll check what changes were made since that to find out what could be the problem specifically with DeskNow.
We found now that the new checking for valid SyncML in 2.9.9.1/2 was too strict and apparently failed for OX, DeskNow and OCS (For those interested in technical details: the check only included binary formal public identifier (FPI) in WBXML, but not a full string DTD specification, which is fully valid as well).

In 2.9.9.3 this is now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused - but that's the point in beta versions, finding bugs before the official release :-) So thanks for still trying the betas!