Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2008-01-21, 12:41

Default error code 10000

we have a problem with syncml client 3.0.2.6 on a pocketPC and openxchange with syncml. The error code is 10000; what does it mean?
thanks

ps we have other two pocketPC with syncml client 3.0.2.6 that have no problem
Old 2008-01-22, 16:51
plan44.ch

Question Re: error code 10000

This sounds like an unexpected end of a session.

Any reason why you are not using the latest 3.0.2.10 client? We have fixed a number of things since 3.0.2.6...

Please let me know if you get the 10000 error with 3.0.2.10 as well.
Old 2008-01-24, 02:37

Lightbulb Re: error code 10000

Hello Lukas,

I actually got this 10000 error for the first time today and Google quickly pointed out this thread to me..

Check my email address and occupation and you'll see that I'm using the client *very* often, every day, but I think I'm getting it for the first time (yes I'm part of that team).

I know I'm using version 3.0.2.10 but .. here is the peculiar thing: I clicked on "About" right after the error and instead of the usual version and website, I get a small window with title "SyncML Client" and content: "Device ID = .... hex ". That's not always there, is it?

Questions:
-- could this be a problem with my Windows ? (WM 5 on Palm 750w) Something left in the memory? After I click Exit of the client, I have no "Syncml" or "Syncml Client" programs left in the programs list.

-- could this be something around an (HTTPS) connection error? I think the client showed the following actions: Connecting.. Waiting.. but possibly nothing after Waiting (or it was very short) and then the 10000 error.

Thanks
--Jordan
Old 2008-01-24, 15:47
plan44.ch

Default Re: error code 10000

Hello Jordan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan.O View Post
Check my email address and occupation and you'll see that I'm using the client *very* often, every day, but I think I'm getting it for the first time (yes I'm part of that team).
I see

Quote:
I know I'm using version 3.0.2.10 but .. here is the peculiar thing: I clicked on "About" right after the error and instead of the usual version and website, I get a small window with title "SyncML Client" and content: "Device ID = .... hex ". That's not always there, is it?
Not always, but when opening "About..." with the cursor-right key pressed simultaneously. This is a hidden feature to find out the deviceID.
I assume that you accidentally pressed cursor right...

Quote:
could this be something around an (HTTPS) connection error? I think the client showed the following actions: Connecting.. Waiting.. but possibly nothing after Waiting (or it was very short) and then the 10000 error.
Could be. It's likely that the 10000 error comes from a messed up SyncML command flow, and this is likely to occur with network problems, because of messages eventually re-sent after timeouts etc.

I would be interested to see client side logs of this to really find out what happened. If you can repeat it, coud you eventually use the DBG client to run a session and send me the logs from \temp?
Old 2008-01-24, 20:33

Default Re: error code 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz View Post
Hello Jordan,
I would be interested to see client side logs of this to really find out what happened. If you can repeat it, coud you eventually use the DBG client to run a session and send me the logs from \temp?
Luckily, the problem was able to be repeated even on the next day. First I tried with the non-DBG client (I verified in the About that it's 3..10 ) , and the 10000 happened again.

Then I started the DBG CAB - thanks for providing that .
The 10000 error happened again. I have one log and I managed to look at it: 1 request and 1 response exchanged and the failure happens afterwards.

I will send you the log over e-mail (or I'll ask my coworker to send them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz View Post
Hello Jordan,
Not always, but when opening "About..." with the cursor-right key pressed simultaneously. ... I assume that you accidentally pressed cursor right...
Great.... this confirms that the White-Cursor button on this device gets stuck every now and then. So now the About works properly but I couldn't get it to show the other screen any more even if I pressed the cursor Anyway that's just a keyboard thing, thanks for telling.