Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for classic PDAs (WindowsMobile, PalmOS)

Old 2008-08-21, 21:45

Default Windows 6.1 and OCS Contact Problems

I recently installed Synthesis SnycML Client STD for Windows Mobile PocketPC (Ver 3.0.2.22) on my HTC Mogul (Windows Mobile 6.1 device). When I synch with Oracle OCS I noticed that the "notes" field and the "cateogry" field no longer transfer from the server to my Windows Mobile 6.1 device (it worked fine when I used the synch with my previous Windows Pocket PC PDA). Any ideas as to why the full contact information (notes + categories) no longer updates on my portable?
Old 2008-08-22, 01:38

Default Re: Windows 6.1 and OCS Contact Problems

At the advice of local OCS support here at the University of Minnesota, I *downgraded* my Synthesis SynchML version from 3.0.2.22 to version 2.5.0.69. After completing the downgrade, my problem with the Contacts "notes" and "categories" was resolved (they synchronized, once again).

It appears that, even though our University's implementation of OCS seems to to be fully patched (OCS patch 6142705 / Oracle Calendar Application System Patch 10.1.2.4.2. is installed), there is a problem with the ver 3.0 of SynchML when used with Windows Mobile 6.1 (Touch Screen) fully synching Contacts. Only ver. 2.5.0.69 appears to fully synch Contacts.
Old 2008-12-29, 12:53

Default Re: Windows 6.1 and OCS Contact Problems

I am having exactly the same problem on Windows Mobile 6.1 with the Oracle server at University of NC Chapel Hill, which is fully patched.

Neither notes nor categories is syncing. It appears that there are 2 different Notes fields in Oracle. A "Personal notes" field shows up in the Windows ocal client, and both the Personal notes and a General notes field shows up in the Linux ocal client. However, neither of these fields syncs to the WinMobile device (an HTC touch pro). When I put a note into the WinMobile device, the note remains there, even after syncing, but does not sync to either of the Notes fields on the calendar server.

I have not been able to try the 2.5.0.69 version because I haven't been able to get a demo password.

Tags
contacts, oracle ocs, windows 6.1