Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Synthesis AG - SyncML Discussion Forum > Synthesis SyncML Products (english) > SyncML Clients for Android

Old 2010-07-12, 19:46

Default HTC Droid Incredible Problems

I just installed the Synthesis SyncML client on my new HTC Droid Incredible and I have run into some severe problems with syncing contacts. I will explain as follows. The version of the Android OS on the HTC Incredible does not have "Contacts" but instead has "People". That is, you access your contacts with a "People" menu button. However, after syncing using Synthesis none of the contacts show up in the "People" address book although the Synthesis software reports that the sync session was successful. On the other hand, the Droid Incredible also has another menu button named "Search People" where the contacts do show up properly. Also, the contacts also show up correctly (for lookups) when using the Droid as a phone. The problem is that contacts must be added and edited with the "People" menu button. Therefore, while I am able to sync my contacts from my SyncML server to the Droid, I am unable to edit contacts on the Droid thereafter. That is, I am physically unable to edit contacts since they do not show up with the "People" menu button where that must be done. Also, I am unable to successfully add contacts.

Please reply with advice.

Thanks,

Gordon
Old 2010-07-13, 14:05

Default Re: HTC Droid Incredible Problems

Here is an update with more developments.

I continued to sync my Droid Incredible with the Synthesis software using the various SyncML modes in an effort to get my contacts to show up under the "People" menu button. Then, after a sync using "Reload Device", all of the contacts appeared properly in the "People" menu. However, after that, each and every "Normal Mode" sync would incorrectly erase all contacts on the SyncML server while correctly leaving all of the contacts on my Droid. Yikes! It wiped out all of my contacts on the server. Ugh....

I subsequently performed "hardware resets" three times to reset my Droid to factory condition, re-installed the Synthesis software and each time reproduced everything exactly as I have reported in this thread. Something is very wrong here and I would very much appreciate feedback from anyone at Synthesis. I am fairly well experienced in SyncML having run my own Funambol server along with multiple other SyncML clients for several years, however, it certainly is possible that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Gordon
Old 2010-07-15, 03:27

Default Re: HTC Droid Incredible Problems

I spoke with Verizon tier 2 support tonight and they said that HTC has redesigned the Contacts (People) menu functionality since they now also offer a direct Windows PC sync option. I don't know but that may have something to do with my problems. In any event, I think that I am going to return my HTC Droid Incredible to Verizon since SyncML functionality is a basic requirement for me.

Gordon